Art, Performing Arts and Culture in Alberta
Alberta Performing Arts, Art and Culture.
For dancing, see Alberta Dance, Calgary Dance & Edmonton Dance.
- Alberta Ballet - The School of Alberta Ballet has become one of Canada’s leading dance training institutions. School of Alberta Ballet, West Annex, 2nd Floor, 906 12 Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T2R 1K7.
- Alberta Theatre Projects - produces plays relevant to contemporary life. Calgary Centre for Performing Arts.
- Blue Collar Dance - Dance theatre for the general public. Currie Barracks at the Community Arts Building, 2633 Hochwald Ave SW, Calgary AB T3E 7K2. Phone: (403) 217-4354
- Bow Valley Music Club - Live musical concerts with related cultural, intellectual and social activities. Concerts are held at the Strathcona Community Centre, 277 Strathcona Drive S.W., Calgary, Alberta, Canada. 403-287-2299.
- Calgary's Alliance of Community Theatres - promote and celebrate Community Theatre activity in Calgary and Area.
- Calgary Opera - offers a variety of programs and special events designed to enhance your opera experience. Jubilee Auditorium & Calgary Opera Centre, at the corner of 13th Avenue and 7th Street S.W., Calgary.
- Calgary International Children's Festival
- Calgary International Film Festival - will showcase the wealth and diversity of film that is being produced across Canada and around the world in a myriad of formats, languages and visions.
- Calgary Society of Independent Filmmakers - Production and exhibition of film as art.
- Calgary Winter Festival - celebration of the winter season involving art and cultural presentations, sporting events, activities and community carnivals.
- Calgary Young People's Theatre - drama/theatre education and performance opportunities
- Decidedly Jazz Danceworks - concert jazz dance company.
- Downright Canadian Theatre Company - live theatre.
- Epcor Centre for Performing Arts - where passion and creativity meet, mix, mingle and occasionally, collide.
- Evergreen Theatre Society - a touring, educational theatre company dedicated to science theatre of the natural world.
- Galleria Arts & Crafts - largest independently owned retail arts and crafts store in Canada.
- Loose Moose Theatre Company
- Lunch Box Theatre - One Act Play is a story presented theatrically without interruption. It's short, succinct, edgy, and often witty.
- Masters Gallery - art dealer carrying both contemporary and historical works.
- Musicridge - instructional musical instrument videos.
- One Yellow Rabbit
- Pegasus Performances
- Pumphouse Theatre - providing a high-quality venue for the arts
- Stage West Dinner Theatre
- StoryBook Theatre - providing quality children's theatre experiences.
- Terry Shane Murder Mysteries - produces Murder Mysteries.
- Theatre Calgary
- Theatre Junction
- Triangle Gallery of Visual Arts - advancement of knowledge and understanding of contemporary visual art
- Vertigo Theatre Centre
- W.P. Puppet Theatre - world of puppetry.
- Youth Singers of Calgary - young people express themselves on stage through music, dance and acting.
- Alberta Ballet - Alberta Ballet offers educational programs. Performs Nutcracker Ballet each December.
- Citadel Theatre - The Citadel has a family series with three popular plays including A Christmas Carol in December. Theatre School courses available along with camps during spring break and summer. Annual Teen Theatre Festival in April. 9828 – 101A Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta Canada T5J 3C6. Get Directions (Google Maps)
- Concrete Theatre - This season is a return of the favorites. Plays are targeted at either elementary age or junior/senior high students. Their Annual Sprouts New Play Festival for Kids in June will bring four new short plays for kids and families. 617-7 Sir Winston Churchill Square NW, Edmonton, AB T5J 2V4. Get Directions (Google Maps)
- Edmonton Opera - Educational programs plus special program for young fans 18-29 years old that want to discover Opera.
- Edmonton Symphony Orchestra - ESO has a very successful concert series for young families. Educational concerts and activity programs offered for all school grades.
- Fringe Theatre Festival Season - Theatre for all audiences. This season includes children’s productions and also two Fringe favorites from the past for older audiences. 10330 - 84 Avenue, Edmonton AB T6E 2G9, (780)448-9000. Get Directions (Google Maps)
- Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village - 30 historic buildings including three churches of Eastern Byzantine Rite, a fully-functioning grain elevator, blacksmith shop and burdei (sod hut). 25 minutes east of Edmonton along Highway 16. The site is located 3 kms east of the entrance to Elk Island National Park. Google Maps Photo Album
For dvd’s/videos to learn to dance, ballet performances, and all kinds of fitness and sports … check out this comprehensive site Dance Videos.