Education & Online Learning
Resources for students and teachers.
Expensive schools, crowded classroom, and long bus rides are a thing of the past. These websites and apps will teach you almost anything, most of them for free. You can learn interactively at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home.
Computer Science & Tech
- Learn Ruby on Rails and other web technologies through project-based courses.
- Mentored, online courses in web development and UX design.
- Learn to code interactively, for free.
- Code School
- Students learn by doing with courses and screencasts.
- One Month
- Learn how to code websites, build apps, and grow your business.
- Livestreamed classes on programming, design, business and marketing. Learn from industry leaders.
- Learn how to code from scratch.
- Learn with the best. 1-on-1 mentorship from industry experts.
- Learn from over 1000 videos created by expert teachers on web design, coding, business, and much more.
- Nanodegree program. It is both curriculum and credential, built in partnership with leading edge companies like Google, AT&T, Autodesk, Cloudera, Salesforce, Amazon, Facebook, and more.
Home Work and Facts
We'll do your home work for you and have it on your bedside table in the morning. NOT! These websites will help you,
- Brainly is the world's largest social learning network for students, to help each other get unstuck with their homework problems.
- easy-to-understand explanations of how the world actually works.
- Almanac, dictionary, encyclopedia, Thesaurus.
- Novelguide is the premier free source for literary analysis on the web. We provide an educational supplement for better understanding of classic and contemporary literature.
- Shakespeare Online
- Shakespeare Online, a teaching aid used in classrooms all over the world.
- Wise Old Sayings
- Wise quotes, proverbs and sayings gathered from all over the world.
- e-learning platform offers 600 free courses on subjects ranging from Financial & Economic Literacy, Business & Enterprise Skills, Digital Literacy & IT Skills, Health Literacy, Personal Development & Soft Skills, Schools Curriculum, Languages, Health & Safety & Compliance.
- Coursera provides universal access to the world’s best education, partnering with top universities and organizations to offer courses for anyone to take, for free.
- Coursio is a simple publishing service for education oriented content and courses.
- Take a micro-course anytime you want, on any device, from anywhere! Study on-the-go and when you want.
- Online classes for creative individuals.
- Learn from the world's best online teachers. Learn from 20,000 lessons on virtually any topic.
- digiSchool.com is an international platform for the access to education. This educational list gathers the best online content in the world.
- A comprehensive website and online community that increases knowledge, sharing, and adoption of what works in K-12 education.
- E-learning platform that allows educators and students to create, share and manage online courses.
- From Science to Art to Technology, edX offers simply the best classes from the best professors and universities.
- Choose from hundreds of free online courses: from Language & Culture to Business & Management; Science & Technology to Health & Psychology.
- Peer-to-peer approach to learning. Playlists are an easy way to collect content from all over the web: Videos, presentations and documents.
- Free service that brings bite-sized courses straight to your inbox every morning.
- Online learning that enables universities, research institutions and knowledge-based companies to share a broad range of courses with participants from around the globe, providing them with the opportunity to earn recognised credentials, no matter where they are. “study anywhere”.
- Game-based blended learning platform, allowing both educators and students to research, create, collaborate and share knowledge.
- Khan Academy
- Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. We tackle math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more.
- Virtual Laboratories for High Schools, Colleges and Universities.
- Learn technology, creative and business skills.
- Math.com is dedicated to providing revolutionary ways for students, parents, teachers, and everyone to learn math.
- Unfortunately, there is no magic bullet to learning math. Instead, you just need a good teacher.
- Using brain science to help you learn faster. Languages, Arts & Literature, Maths & Science, The Natural World, History & Geography, Professional & Careers, Entertainment, Trivia, Learning Spanish.
- Learn New Creative Skills. Join over 1 million students learning across thousands of online classes..
- Our Digital Mathematics Courses are the successor to the paper textbook and offer a true personalized e-learning experience for a fraction of the price.
- Online learning. Students are taking courses in everything from programming to yoga to photography–and much, much more. Each of our 35,000+ courses is taught by an expert instructor, and every course is available on-demand, so students can learn at their own pace, on their own time, and on any device.
- World Science U
- Immerse yourself in the world of science. Education for everyone at all levels of interest and knowledge.
- Bill Nye
- Bill Nye the Science Guy. For Kids & Teachers. Hey kids, hey teachers! Here are the Home Demos, the experiments you should try at home sometime.
- Frontiers for Young Minds - made up of editors ages 8 to 18 who learn the ropes of peer review from working scientists. With 18 young minds and 38 adult authors and associate editors lending their expertise, the journal includes such articles as "Our brain enjoys making friends".
- National Geographic Kids
- Play games, watch videos, learn about animals, and places, and get fun facts on the National Geographic Kids website.
- Science Made Simple
- Science Made Simple - Science fair projects: ideas, topics, methods & examples. Science articles, easy kids science projects & experiments.
- Game based-learning - designed for children between 4-8 years old. The adventures take place in 100 exciting levels corresponding to the major international and U.S. core curriculum requirements for preschool, 1st and 2nd grades (US K-2).
Activities & Science at Home
Science - Activities, experiments, science at home.
- Georgia Public Broadcasting - Japanese language and culture distance learning course. Online video lessons.
- Google Expeditions
- Imagine exploring coral reefs or the surface of Mars in an afternoon. With Expeditions, teachers can take students on immersive, virtual journeys. From Machu Picchu to Antarctica to the International Space Station.
Home Schooling Books
Home School - Books at Amazon US
Home School - Books at Amazon Canada
More resources, very soon!