Adding Event to Calendar
** All events must be approved by our Events Manager before they show live on calendar. **
* Events are usually approved within 24 hrs or sooner.
You must register for an account to add events to our calendar. Sign up is free. Use Register (if you don't have an account) or Sign In at the top right of any page. Once you sign up, you can also participate in our Community forums.
Please whitelist email@example.com
so our verification email will get through.
If you have not received your verification email in a few minutes, check your spam folder, email the webmaster
or use our contact form
Once you sign in, you can click on your name to manage your account, including changing password, etc.
- Sign in, go to Edmonton or Calgary or Alberta Events page.
- Click the + sign to add a new event for approval.
- Your event will display only on calendar you choose to 'Add Event" to, i.e. Edmonton or Calgary or Alberta.
- Edmonton Calendar - events in city of Edmonton.
- Calgary calendar - events in city of Calgary.
- Alberta calendar - cities/towns other than Edmonton or Calgary.
- If you post inappropriate material, we will disable your access to "Add Events".
- Events should be kid or family friendly.
- Events should be fun.
- You can not add a new event venue but you can type in a new venue for your event (please turn off 'map link' if you type in venue). Search venue list carefully - i.e. Saddledome is under Pengrowth Saddledome. Advantage of using venue from drop down box is that these include street address, map, etc. in tool tip popup.
- 6 W's - Who, what, when, where, why and website (for more info)
- We reserve right to approve or deny any events at our sole discretion.
- We do not take bookings (venues) or sell tickets or organize events.
- Listings are free.
Event Title - required. Only first 12 characters show in Calendar View. Full title shows in all other views, including calendar, if you click on event (tool tip popup).
Venue - choose from dropdown (preferred) or type it in if we don't have your venue listed.
Description - Write a brief description of your event, times, price (free?), etc. Add a link back to your website for more info or ticket prices, etc.
Start Date/Time - Enter date and time (optional) or choose all day.
End Date/Time - Enter for multi-day events. For weekly, monthly recurring events, set end date to start date and set Repeat Until date instead (found under Recurring Settings).
Event Owner's Email - Not shown on site
Is Featured - Not used
Send Event Reminder - email reminder to you only - if checked.
Publish Date - leave as is to publish right away (after approval)
- None. (But let us know if you find a bug).
Problems? Email firstname.lastname@example.org